If you want to Clean a Gaming Mouse Pad then here is the ultimate guide to the question mostly asked by intensive gamers How To Clean My Gaming Mouse Pad? With the extensive use of our desktop, sometimes some accessories funk up like speakers, keyboard, cables, mice, and others. These are electronic devices if they need to be repaired, cost a lot of money. But, accessories other than electronic devices do not need repair quickly like our gaming chair, table gaming mouse, gaming keyboard and mouse pad, etc. Over time, our mousepads funk up with grease, soda, tea, pizza, ink, and other stains.
Here! In this guide, I will tell you some affordable ways to clean your gaming mouse pad easily and properly without any symbol left. Here are some simple methods for you to clean your mousepad with easy steps and no one would know that It’s an old or cleaned mouse pad. I will tell you how to clean your cloth pad, plastic mouse pad, and even a cutting board. So, let us walk into the guide to clean the mouse pad properly.
The DIY Method – For Cloth Mouse Pad
Here is my favorite method to clean your mouse pad cloth easily in just 15 minutes. I reached out to the two biggest suppliers of cloth mousepads in the world, the Corsair, and HyperX, and asked them how to clean our gaming mouse pads after they get dirty. They recommended a simple hand washing method with a mixture of soap and warm water.
Corsair recommended me: “ We do not recommend putting the mousepad into the washing machine to clean it, rather we recommend very warm water with a little bit of liquid dish wash bar. Then you just need to rinse the spots gently and not put it into the washing machine.” HyperX recommended to me the following method; “Most people will use some soap and very warm water to clean the mousepads and then they dry it in the air.”
- Fundamentally you just need warm water in a tub and dish wash bar or a block of soap.
“ NOTE: You can use shampoo instead of soap or dish wash bar. Shampoo can do a fine job when you need to get rid of a little gunky mouse pad. But you would need to scrub your mouse pad more than using a dish wash bar.“
- Then dissolve the soap in the warm water in a handful quantity and make a mixture.
- Try to shake the mixture until bubbles of soap come to the surface and cover the whole water. If bubbles are in lesser quantities, do not make change your mind. It’s okay!
- The next step you need to do is to place the mouse pad into the mixture and rinse with a sponge
“NOTE: Do not use a brush to rinse out the spots, it can tear out the cloth and/or can steal away the shininess of the cloth of your mouse pad.“
- The next step you can do is just to clean the pad with fresh water.
- Now, air-drying the pad completely recommended time is 24 hours so that no water may remain inside the fabric.
- Here is the shining and newer, untouched mouse pad for you to use for gaming purposes.
This is the real method to clean your mouse pad of every type and can be used to clean a plastic mouse pad too.
“ NOTE: Do not use this method to clean a tech mouse pad. A tech mouse pad is equipped with a charger and some lights. You know the results if you put an electric device into the water.“
Here are the DO’s and DON’Ts for you when cleaning a cloth mouse pad with water:
- Use warm water and dish soap bar to remove the spots and stains clearly
- Then use cold water to rinse out the fabric
- Air dry for at least 24 hours
- Do not put it into the washing machine
- Do not put it into the microwave
- Do not put in dryer
- Do not use a hairdryer to dry it out
- Do not leave the mouse pad with some rubber or plastic in the full sun for a longer time
Are mousepads machine washable?
Yes! You can wash your mousepads with a washing machine. But here are some restrictions. Read these instructions before you go to the washing machine to get the mouse pad cleaned quickly with no efforts made by you. I know it is the worst method, but follow these steps to clean it out properly and quickly.
First of all, understand the material used in your mouse pad. If you feel the material is one of the following kinds then it is fair to use a washing machine to do your cleaning job.
Here are those materials which can be washed through a machine or dryer:
But you need to follow some protocols to wash into the washing machine:
- Use a detergent
- Use cold water instead of warm water in the washing machine
“ NOTE: Never use warm water for cleaning the mouse pad into the washing machine this will cause damage to the fabric of your gaming mouse pad. “
- Turn the machine settings into light cycles rather than speedy cycles
- Now, it is time to dry into the air rather than the sun
How do I clean my mouse pad fast?
Here are some quick steps if you are in a hurry to wash your gaming mouse pad and use it within a few hours after washing and drying it.
- Warm approximately a jug of water
- Add some liquid soap or shampoo
- Place the mouse pad into the mixture
- Scrub the mouse pad where stains are visible
- Do not use a brush
- Rinse out
- Switch on pedestal fan at high speed
- Put your gaming mouse pad on to the fan
- Wait for an hour or two to get fully dried with the air
Now your mouse pad is fully cleaned quickly.
How often should I clean my mouse pad?
I usually clean one of my two mouse pads every 3rd or 4th week. The cleaning method I prefer is using warm water and rinsing the mouse pad with shampoo. Then I dry it in the air. While it takes 24 hours or more to dry, I use my second mouse pad. I do not think that I would purchase another mouse pad in the coming 10 years or more.
Can you wash Corsair mouse pads?
Corsair recommended me this method of cleaning my Corsair Mouse Pad; “ We do not recommend putting the mousepad into the washing machine to clean it, rather we recommend very warm water with a little bit of liquid dish wash bar. Then you just need to rinse the spots gently and not put it into the washing machine.”
Can you wash HyperX mouse pads?
HyperX recommended to me the following method; “Most people will use some soap and very warm water to clean the mousepads and then they dry it in the air.”